Friday 14 September 1962US date format: 9/14/1962, UK date format: 14/9/1962
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 14, 1962). The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Mariano Apicella and Robert Herjavec.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Sherry by The 4 Seasons.
In UK I Remember You by Frank Ifield was in the top 5 hits.
Colossus of the Arena, directed by Michele Lupo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Andy Williams Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 September 1962
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 September 1962!
Which were the important events of 14 September 1962 ?
- Eastern Orthodox Church - Exaltation of the Cross, which commemorates the discovery of the (allegedly) original Christian cross in 326 by Helena, mother of Constantine, as well as the recovery from the Persians by Heraclius in 628.
- Formerly, in the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches, the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following 14 September were observed as one of the four sets of Ember days. In the Irish calendar they were known as Quarter tense.
- Roman Catholic Church - Triumph of the Cross (compare May 3, Finding of the Holy Cross).
- In ancient Greece, the first day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, during which the sacred objects were brought from Eleusis to Athens.
- Mariano Apicella: Italian singer, who became known for...
- Robert Herjavec: Croatian-Canadian businessman.
- Tom Kurvers: American ice hockey player and...
- Marcel Delannoy: Composer, dies at 64.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Booker T. & The MG's - Green Onions
- Little Eva - The Loco-Motion
- Mary Wells - You Beat Me To The Punch
- The 4 Seasons - Sherry
- The Isley Brothers - Twist And Shout
- Brook Benton - Lie To Me
- Ray Charles - You Don't Know Me
- Claudine Clark - Party Lights
- Tommy Roe - Sheila
- The Marvelettes - Beechwood 4-5789
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?