Sunday 30 September 1962
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dave Magadan and George Jamison.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Sherry by The 4 Seasons.
In UK Telstar by The Tornados was in the top 5 hits.
The Bad Sleep Well, directed by Akira Kurosawa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Onmitsu kenshi.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar! or Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 September 1962!
Which were the important events of 30 September 1962 ?
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Agricultural Reform (Nationalization) Day
- September 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Translation Day
- Botswana - Independence Day (1966)
- RC Saints - Saint Jerome
- French Republican Calendar - Panais (Parsnip) Day, ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Dave Magadan: Tampa, Florida -- 1st baseman (NY Mets, Chicago Cubs).
- George Jamison: NFL linebacker (KC Chiefs).
- Leon Hutten: Soccer player (RKC).
- Prosenjit Chatterjee: Indian actor director and producer.
- Marley Marl: American rapper and producer (Juice Crew).
- Frank Rijkaard: Surinam / Dutch soccer star (Ajax, AC Milan)
- JFK routes 3,000 federal troops to Mississippi
- KCRL TV channel 4 in Reno, NV (NBC) begins broadcasting
- KMEX TV channel 34 in Los Angeles, CA (IND) begins broadcasting
- Mickey Wright wins LPGA San Diego Golf Open
- New York Mets lose record 120th game as Cubs turn triple play and beat New York 5-1
- James Meredith enters the University of Mississippi, defying segregation.
- Mexican-American labor leader Cesar Chavez founds the United Farm Workers.
- Johnny Carson takes over as permanent host of NBC's ''Tonight Show'', a post he would hold for 30 years.
- The French National Assembly censures the proposed referendum to sanction presidential elections by popular mandate Prime Minister Georges Pompidou resigns, but President de Gaulle asks him to stay in office.
- ''Dr. No'', the first James Bond film, premieres in UK theaters.
- The Beatles release their first single for EMI, ''Love Me Do''.
- The German magazine ''Der Spiegel'' publishes an article about the Bundeswehr's poor preparedness the Spiegel scandal erupts.
- Algeria is accepted into the United Nations.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 30 September 1962
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?