Saturday 15 September 1962
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Aubrey Matthews and Earnest Byner.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Sherry by The 4 Seasons.
In UK I Remember You by Frank Ifield was in the top 5 hits.
Divorce Italian Style, directed by Pietro Germi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Magnificent Destiny by Paul I. Wellman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Jack Paar Program.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar! or Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1962!
Which were the important events of 15 September 1962 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
- Aubrey Matthews: NFL wide receiver (Detroit Lions).
- Earnest Byner: NFL running back (Cleveland Browns).
- Patricia "Patty" Shea: Belmont, New York -- Field hockey goalie (1996 Olympics).
- Wendie Jo Sperber in Glendale: California, USA; actress (Amy - Bossom Buddies).
- Emmanuel Hoog: French business leader, the CEO of Agence France-press.
- Dina Lohan: American dancer actress and manager
- Scott McNeil: Australian-Canadian actor and singer
- Amanda Wakeley: English fashion designer
- Bravo, Giovanni closes at Broadhurst Theater NYC after 76 performances
- WOKR TV channel 13 in Rochester, New York (ABC) begins broadcasting
- Kansas City Athletics' Bill Fischer sets record of 69 1/3 innings without a walk.
- The Soviet ship Poltava heads toward Cuba, one of the events that sets into motion the Cuban Missile Crisis.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?