Tuesday 25 September 1962
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Frigide Barjot and Juliette .
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Sherry by The 4 Seasons.
In UK I Remember You by Frank Ifield was in the top 5 hits.
Mr. Arkadin, directed by Orson Welles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Combat!.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar! or Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 September 1962!
Which were the important events of 25 September 1962 ?
- Also see September 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Virgin of Fuencisla; Saint Finbarr
- Mozambique - Armed Forces Day
- French Republican Calendar - Colchique (Crocus) Day, fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Frigide Barjot: French humorist and right-catholic political activist.
- Juliette : French singer, songwriter and composer of Algerian descent by his father who played the saxophone.
- Shreela Ghosh: Indian-English actress and dancer.
- Kalthoum Sarrai: Tunisian-French psychologist and journalist (d. 2010).
- Beth Toussaint: American actress.
- Black church is destroyed by fire in Macon, Georgia
- Yankees clinch AL pennant
- Sonny Liston knocks out Floyd Patterson in first round for heavyweight title.
- A black church is destroyed by fire in Macon, Georgia, USA.
- The People's Democratic Republic of Algeria is formally proclaimed. Ferhat Abbas is elected President of the provisional government.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 25 September 1962
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?