Sunday 23 September 1962
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Harbaugh and Jack Warren Pierce.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Sherry by The 4 Seasons.
In UK I Remember You by Frank Ifield was in the top 5 hits.
Carnival of Souls, directed by Herk Harvey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Dearly Beloved by Anne Morrow Lindbergh was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching G.E. True.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar! or Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
What the sky looked like on 23 September 1962
Is this date important to you?
Commemorate it with a beautiful, custom-made star map of the constellations above you on 23 September 1962. A perfectly unique and touching gift!
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 September 1962!
Which were the important events of 23 September 1962 ?
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Adomnan of Iona, Saint Constantius, Saint Thecla.
- French Republican Calendar - Safran (Saffron) Day, second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saudi Arabia - National Day (unification 1932)
- Japanese Autumnal equinox Day (????/Sh?bun no hi)
- Celebrate Bisexuality Day - September 23rd of every year is designated as Celebrate Bisexuality Day and celebrated by members of the bisexual community and their allies worldwide. Observed annually since 1999.
- Also see September 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In ancient Latvia, the second day of Mikeli
- Astrology: Usually the first day of sun sign Libra in the tropical zodiac.
- Traditional New Year's Day in Constantinople and Eastern Orthodox churches ? because of the birthday of August, not because of the equinox.
- John Harbaugh: Coach.
- Jack Warren Pierce: Cherry Hill, New Jersey -- Hurdler.
- Deborah Orr: Scottish journalist.
- LA Dodger Maury Wills steals record setting #97 on his way to 104
- Mary Lena Faulk wins LPGA Visalia Golf Open
- The Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts in New York City opens with the completion of the first building, the Philharmonic Hall (now Avery Fisher Hall) home of the New York Philharmonic.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Mary Wells - You Beat Me To The Punch
- Booker T. & The MG's - Green Onions
- The 4 Seasons - Sherry
- Little Eva - The Loco-Motion
- The Contours - Do You Love Me
- Tommy Roe - Sheila
- Etta James - Stop The Wedding
- The Isley Brothers - Twist And Shout
- Claudine Clark - Party Lights
- The Marvelettes - Beechwood 4-5789
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?