Sunday 23 August 2009
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 23, 2009). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas.
Up in the Air, directed by Jason Reitman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while The Girl Who Played With Fire by Stieg Larsson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching My Fair Lady.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bakugan Battle Brawlers or Ceville.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 August 2009
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 August 2009!
Which were the important events of 23 August 2009 ?
- Astrology - Last day of sun sign Leo in the tropical zodiac
- Swaziland - Umhlanga Day
- Romania - Liberation Day (1944)
- RC Saints - Saint Rose of Lima
- Roman festivals - Vulcanalia
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 23 August
- Tens of thousands of people in the Baltic states mark the twentieth anniversary of the 'Baltic Way' - when two million people formed a human chain to protest against Soviet Union rule. (Baltic Times).
- Tens of thousands of people protest against a new law which gives women equal rights in marriage in Bamako, Mali. (Afrique en ligne)
- 26 men accused of plotting attacks on tourist resorts and ships in the Suez Canal on behalf of Lebanon's Hezbollah group go on trial in an Egyptian security court. (BBC)
- Thousands of people are evacuated as forest fires reach the outskirts of the Greek capital, Athens. (RTÉ)
- North Korean envoys meet the South Korean President Lee Myung-bak for the first time since he took office. (Yonhap)
- A new picture of Fidel Castro is published in the ''Juventud Rebelde'' state-run newspaper, apparently showing Cuba's ailing former leader in much better health. (Reuters Africa)
- Afghan President Hamid Karzai's main rival Abdullah Abdullah alleges fraud in the presidential election. (''The Times of India'')
- Yemeni troops claim to have killed more than 100 Shia rebels in the past two weeks, including two leaders, but the rebels deny their leaders, Mohsen Saleh Gawd and Salah Jorman, are dead and no independent confirmation is made available. (BBC)
- A leak at an offshore oil rig that caused a large oil spill off the coast of Australia ampquotcould take weeksampquot to be plugged. (''The Australian'')
- A severe drought in northern China leaves 5 million people short of water and damages 8.7 million hectares of farmland. (''China Daily'')
- England reclaim The Ashes with a 2-1 series win over Australia. (BBC)
- Iraq broadcasts a video of former police chief Wissam Ali Kadhem Ibrahim, a Saddam Hussein loyalist, confessing to orchestrating a truck bombing at the finance ministry, the first of two bombings that killed 95 people and maimed hundreds more in Baghdad on 19 August. (''Straits Times'')
- ZANU-PF party members walk out of a meeting of Zimbabwe cabinet members to review the work of a unity government it has formed with its opponents, over charges of electoral fraud. (Reuters Africa)
- Honduras's Supreme Court rejects a Costa Rica-brokered deal to restore ousted President Manuel Zelaya to power and orders his arrest if he returns. (BBC)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 23 August 2009
Serie AItalian Football
- Catania - Sampdoria : 1 - 2
- Genoa - Roma : 3 - 2
- Inter - Bari : 1 - 1
- Juventus - Chievo : 1 - 0
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Club Brugge - Kortrijk : 2 - 2
- Westerlo - Genk : 0 - 1
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Bochum - Hertha : 1 - 0
- Werder Bremen - M'gladbach : 3 - 0
- Wolfsburg - Hamburg : 2 - 4
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Cottbus - Greuther Furth : 1 - 3
- Kaiserslautern - Aachen : 1 - 1
- Oberhausen - Ahlen : 2 - 0
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in August 2009?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Pretty Wings - Maxwell
- Break Up - Mario Featuring Gucci Mane & Sean Garrett
- Best I Ever Had - Drake
- Ego - Beyonce
- Last Chance - Ginuwine
- Trust - Keyshia Cole Duet With Monica
- Successful - Drake Featuring Trey Songz & Lil Wayne
- Every Girl - Young Money
- Trey Songz - I Need A Girl
- Wetter (Calling You Daddy) - Twista Featuring Erika Shevon
Top #10 Latin songs
- Espinoza Paz - Lo Intentamos
- Shakira - Loba
- Ya Es Muy Tarde - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- El Amor - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Causa Y Efecto - Paulina Rubio
- Abusadora - Wisin & Yandel
- Nelly Furtado - Manos Al Aire
- Luis Enrique - Yo No Se Manana
- Comprendeme - German Montero
- Sufre - Dareyes de La Sierra
Top #10 Rock songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?