Monday August 10, 2009
US date format: 8/10/2009, UK date format: 10/8/2009
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo (see zodiac on August 10, 2009). The US president was Barack Obama (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Gordon Brown (Labour), Pope Benedict XVI was leading the Catholic Church.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas.
The Descent: Part 2, directed by Jon Harris, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Shanghai Girls by Lisa See was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching My Fair Lady.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 3-2-1, Rattle Battle! or Again.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of August 10, 2009?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- See more
- Twenty people are killed in Handlova, Trencin Region, in the deadliest mining disaster in Slovakia's history.
- In an open letter four South African opposition leaders accuse President Jacob Zuma of abuse of power after his naming of Sandile Ngcobo as Chief Justice. The office of President Jacob Zuma responds by saying there was ampquotnothing unconstitutionalampquot in Zuma's action. (IOL)
- The UNASUR summit opens in Quito to discuss issues such as Venezuela's “ethics responsibility” clause, Colombian military bases and the Honduras crisis. (MercoPress)
- At the funeral of Vice-President Joseph Msika, President Robert Mugabe lashes out at ampquotracistampquot western countries, saying ampquotZimbabwe need not be tied to any one corner of the world, least of all, to a corner of former imperialist and racist colonisersampquot. (IOL)
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 10, 2009?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
Top #5 R&B songs
- Maxwell - Pretty Wings
- Drake - Best I Ever Had
- Mario Featuring Gucci Mane & Sean Garrett - Break Up
- Beyonce - Ego
- Ginuwine - Last Chance
Top #5 Rock songs
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- After Winning Advertising Awards, an Invitation to Pay for the Trophies The head of the group that hands out the Communicator Awards says selling the trophies keeps the cost of entry low. [..]
- As Rivals Branch Out, SAP Is Sticking to Software The German software giant is focused on its core business and says expanding into hardware would pose challenges. [..]
- See all financial news of August 10th, 2009
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $69.47
- Apple AAPL: opens at $165.66
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $23.46
- General Electric GE: opens at $14.62
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $118.17
- 1 USD = 97.05 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.0881 CAD
- 1 USD = 1.0852 CHF
- 1 USD = 6.8344 CNY
- 1 EUR = 137.27 JPY
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on August 10, 2009?
On August 10, 2009 the day of the week was Monday.
What zodiac sign is August 10, 2009?
On August 10, 2009 the zodiac sign was Leo.
Who was the US President on August 10, 2009?
On August 10, 2009 the US President was Barack Obama (Democrat).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on August 10, 2009?
On August 10, 2009 the UK Prime Minister was Gordon Brown (Labour).
Who was the Pope on August 10, 2009?
On August 10, 2009 Pope Benedict XVI was leading the Catholic Church.