Thursday 20 August 2009
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas.
Up in the Air, directed by Jason Reitman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Black Hills by Nora Roberts was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching My Fair Lady.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 2XL Fleet Defense or Academy of Champions: Soccer.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 August 2009
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 August 2009!
Which were the important events of 20 August 2009 ?
- Morocco - Revolution of the King and the People Day
- RC saints - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Asm� (Names) - First day of the ninth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Estonia - Restoration Day
- Hungary - St. Stephen's day, the main national holiday in Hungary
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 20 August
- Larry Knechtel: American bass player and pianist (Bread and The Wrecking Crew) (d. 2009).
- The US Mint releases the 2009 James Polk Presidential dollar to circulation.
- A bicycle bomb explodes near a restaurant in Baghdad, killing two people. (Yahoo! news)
- 18 prospectors are killed overnight in a diamond mine in Kasai province in central Democratic Republic of the Congo. (IOL)
- A line of severe thunderstorms rolls through Ontario, Canada, spawns over 18 tornadoes in one day which has been declared to be the largest tornado outbreak in Canadian history, at least four F-2 tornadoes were confirmed, including one touching down in the town of Durham, Ontario, northwest of Toronto where at least one person was killed, and the other in a Toronto suburb of Vaughan, Ontario where over 600 homes were damaged or destroyed. (CTV)
- Switzerland's president, Hans-Rudolf Merz, apologizes to the Libyan government for last year's arrest of a son of Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi. (MSNBC)
- Elizabeth Ramos and Louis Williams, owners of defense contracting company Technical Logistics, admit to bribing an employee of the U.S. Navy's Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command in exchange for defense contracts. (UPI)
- For the first time video ads will appear in a magazine, using a screen similar to a cell phone that can store 40 minutes of video. (BBC)
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Pretty Wings - Maxwell
- Break Up - Mario Featuring Gucci Mane & Sean Garrett
- Best I Ever Had - Drake
- Ego - Beyonce
- Last Chance - Ginuwine
- Trust - Keyshia Cole Duet With Monica
- Successful - Drake Featuring Trey Songz & Lil Wayne
- Every Girl - Young Money
- Trey Songz - I Need A Girl
- Wetter (Calling You Daddy) - Twista Featuring Erika Shevon
Top #10 Latin songs
- Espinoza Paz - Lo Intentamos
- Shakira - Loba
- Ya Es Muy Tarde - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- El Amor - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Causa Y Efecto - Paulina Rubio
- Abusadora - Wisin & Yandel
- Nelly Furtado - Manos Al Aire
- Luis Enrique - Yo No Se Manana
- German Montero - Comprendeme
- Sufre - Dareyes de La Sierra
Top #10 Rock songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?