Thursday 13 August 2009
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas.
District 9, directed by Neill Blomkamp, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Unmasked by Ian Halperin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Somethin' Suave' Theater.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Batman: Arkham Asylum or Cricket Revolution.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 2009!
Which were the important events of 13 August 2009 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 13 August
- Les Paul, country and jazz musician, electric guitar pioneer, dies at the age of 94 from complications of pneumonia in New York, USA. He was inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame in 1978 and the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame in 1988.
- The US Mint releases the 2009 Lincoln, Professional Life cent to circulation.
- On an official visit to Colombia, Mexican President Felipe Calderón offers his country’s mediation in the conflict between that country, Ecuador and Venezuela. (MercoPress)
- Eleven people, including four policemen, are killed in several separate insurgent attacks in Russia's Republic of Dagestan. (AFP)
- At least 23 government soldiers and more than 20 Muslim extremists are killed in a day-long clash in the southern Philippines. (France 24)
- Former Afghan President Burhanuddin Rabbani survives an ambush by the Taliban in the Ali Abad District of Kunduz province, Afghanistan. (''Voice of America'')
- Supporters of Guinea's self-declared President, Captain Moussa Dadis Camara, form a movement, Dadis Must Stay, to call for him to be allowed to continue in office. (BBC)
- The French and German economies rebound, helping push the Eurozone to the brink of economic recovery in the second quarter, delivering a further signal that the worst of the global crisis may be coming to an end in Europe. (FT)
- The European Union will extend its sanctions on Burma to cover members of the judiciary responsible for the verdict in the trial of opposition leader Aung San Suu Kyi. (Reuters)
- A rare signed copy of Adolf Hitler’s ''Mein Kampf'' sells at the Mullock’s auction at Ludlow Racecourse, Shropshire, for £21,000 (€24,400). (''Toronto Star'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 13 August 2009
Division 2Football (France)
- Laval - Strasbourg : 3 - 2
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?