Sunday 16 August 2009
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 16, 2009). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas.
The Descent: Part 2, directed by Jon Harris, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Hot Pursuit by Suzanne Brockmann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching My Fair Lady.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Blue Dragon: Awakened Shadow or Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Sacrifice.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 August 2009
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 August 2009!
Which were the important events of 16 August 2009 ?
- RC saints: feast day of Saint Stephen I of Hungary; Saint Roch (helps against plague and skin diseases)
- USA: legal holiday in Vermont for the Battle of Bennington in 1777 (which actually took place in the state of New York)
- Palio dell'Assunta in Siena
- Eastern Orthodox: commemoration of the translation of the Acheiropoietos icon which means "Not made by hands", (also known as the Mandelion; now lost) from Edessa to Constantinople on 16 August 944
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 16 August
- A 6.9 magnitude earthquake occurs near Siberut Island, Sumatra, Indonesia, at 14:38 local time, injuring at least seven people. (France24.com)
- Police clash with hundreds of protesters in Peru demonstrating over the failure of President Alan García's government to rebuild the city of Pisco two years since it was devastated by a powerful earthquake. (''The Irish Times'')
- Two Russian Sukhoi Su-27 fighter jets collide during a training flight southeast of Moscow, killing the commander of the Russian Knights demonstration team. (BBC)
- Tropical Storm Claudette becomes the first tropical cyclone to affect the U.S. mainland in 2009. (Weather.com)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 16 August 2009
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Charleroi - Germinal : 1 - 0
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- M'gladbach - Hertha : 2 - 1
- Schalke 04 - Bochum : 3 - 0
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Ahlen - Kaiserslautern : 0 - 1
- Augsburg - Oberhausen : 2 - 2
- Koblenz - Bielefeld : 3 - 2
Le ChampionnatFootball (France)
- Boulogne - Grenoble : 2 - 1
- Marseille - Lille : 1 - 0
- Nice - Rennes : 1 - 1
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Pretty Wings - Maxwell
- Best I Ever Had - Drake
- Break Up - Mario Featuring Gucci Mane & Sean Garrett
- Ego - Beyonce
- Last Chance - Ginuwine
- Every Girl - Young Money
- Trust - Keyshia Cole Duet With Monica
- Trey Songz - I Need A Girl
- Wetter (Calling You Daddy) - Twista Featuring Erika Shevon
- Successful - Drake Featuring Trey Songz & Lil Wayne
Top #10 Latin songs
- Espinoza Paz - Lo Intentamos
- Shakira - Loba
- Ya Es Muy Tarde - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Causa Y Efecto - Paulina Rubio
- El Amor - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Luis Enrique - Yo No Se Manana
- Comprendeme - German Montero
- Abusadora - Wisin & Yandel
- Quien Es Usted? - Sergio Vega
- Pitbull - I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)
Top #10 Rock songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?