Wednesday 23 February 1949
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Marc Garneau in QuTbec City and Larry Demps.
Caught, directed by Max Opuls, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
while The Woman Of Rome by Alberto Moravia was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Suspense.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 February 1949!
Which were the important events of 23 February 1949 ?
- Saint Milburga
- Roman Empire - Terminalia held in honor of Terminus.
- Russia - Defender of the Fatherland Day (formerly Red Army Day or Day of Soviet Army and Navy).
- Blessed odilia of Mombeek
- Guyana - Mashramani-Republic Day.
- Brunei - National Day.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Polycarp of Smyrna (died 155)
- Saint Lazarus (d.867)
- Marc Garneau in QuTbec City: Quebec, Canada; PhD/astronaut (STS 13, 77).
- Larry Demps: American R&B vocalist (Dramatics - "Me and Mrs Jones").
- Maureen Hicks: British Member of Parliament.
- Marc Garneau: Canadian Astronaut, a Navy Captain in the Canadian Space Agency from 1984 until he retired 4/05/1989.
- César Aira: Argentine writer and translator.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1949 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Mills Brothers - I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm
- Powder Your Face with Sunshine (Smile, Smile, Smile) - Dean Martin
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?