Monday 23 February 1948
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Hannu Aho and Philippe Chatel.
Le Corbeau: The Raven, directed by Henri Georges Clouzot, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
while Tomorrow Will Be Better by Betty Smith was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Camel News Caravan.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 February 1948!
Which were the important events of 23 February 1948 ?
- Saint Milburga
- Roman Empire - Terminalia held in honor of Terminus.
- Russia - Defender of the Fatherland Day (formerly Red Army Day or Day of Soviet Army and Navy).
- Blessed odilia of Mombeek
- Guyana - Mashramani-Republic Day.
- Brunei - National Day.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Polycarp of Smyrna (died 155)
- Saint Lazarus (d.867)
- Hannu Aho: Finnish novelist.
- Philippe Chatel: French singer, songwriter, guitarist and composer, who writes and performs his own songs.
- Catherine Perlès: French prehistorian who has written books on the subjects of Archaeology, Biological Anthropology, and Cultural Anthropology.
- Bill Alexander: English director and producer.
- Doug Moench: American comic book writer.
- Steve Priest: English singer-songwriter and bass player (Sweet)
- John Robert Gregg: Irish-born publisher and inventor (Born 1866).
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1948 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I'm Looking Over a Four Leaf Clover - Russ Morgan & His Orchestra (Vocal Ames Brothers)
- Alvino Rey & His Orchestra - I'm Looking Over a Four Leaf Clover
- Slap Her Down Again, Paw - Arthur Godfrey
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?