Thursday 23 February 1989
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on February 23, 1989). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Laurence Beveridge and Amara Baby.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Straight Up by Paula Abdul.
In UK Something's Gotten Hold Of My Heart by Marc Almond featuring Gene Pitney was in the top 5 hits.
Scandal, directed by Michael Caton-Jones, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while French Kiss by Eric Van Lustbader was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Forever Green.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Clash at Demonhead or Fantasy World Dizzy.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 February 1989
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 February 1989!
Which were the important events of 23 February 1989 ?
- Saint Milburga
- Roman Empire - Terminalia held in honor of Terminus.
- Russia - Defender of the Fatherland Day (formerly Red Army Day or Day of Soviet Army and Navy).
- Blessed odilia of Mombeek
- Guyana - Mashramani-Republic Day.
- Brunei - National Day.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Polycarp of Smyrna (died 155)
- Saint Lazarus (d.867)
Famous Birthdays:23 February
- After protracted testimony, the U.S. Senate Armed Services Committee rejects, 11-9, President Bush's nomination of John Tower for Secretary of Defense.
- February 23–27 ndash U.S. President Bush visits Japan, China, and South Korea, attending the funeral of Hirohito and then meeting with China's Deng Xiaoping and South Korea's Roh Tae-woo.
- The funeral of Hirohito is attended by representatives of 160 nations.
- Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini places a US $3-million bounty on the head of ''The Satanic Verses'' author Salman Rushdie.
- After 44 years, Estonian flag is raised to the Pikk Hermann Castle tower.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paula Abdul - Straight Up
- Debbie Gibson - Lost In Your Eyes
- Tone Loc - Wild Thing
- Sheena Easton - The Lover In Me
- Bon Jovi - Born To Be My Baby
- Rick Astley - She Wants To Dance With Me
- New Kids On The Block - You Got It (The Right Stuff) (Remix)
- Edie Brickell - What I Am
- Mike + The Mechanics - The Living Years
- Information Society - Walking Away
Top #10 Latin songs
- HOMBRES AL BORDE DE UN ATAQUE DE CELOS - Yuri
- Asi Fue - Isabel Pantoja
- Rocio Durcal - Como Tu Mujer
- Tu Pirata Soy Yo - Chayanne
- UN TIEMPO PARA NOSOTROS - Braulio
- Aprendere - Ednita Nazario
- QUE ESPERABAS DE MI - Rocio Durcal
- MALA SUERTE - Vikki Carr
- Un Hombre Busca Una Mujer - Luis Miguel
- ES EL AMOR QUE LLEGA - Ana Gabriel
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?