Saturday January 23, 1971
US date format: 1/23/1971, UK date format: 23/1/1971
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius (see birth chart on January 23, 1971). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Edward Heath (Conservative), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Lisa Snowdon and Stanislas Merhar.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Knock Three Times by Dawn.
In UK Grandad by Clive Dunn was in the top 5 hits.
10 Rillington Place, directed by Richard Fleischer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while Islands In The Stream by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Zollfahndung.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Computer Space or The Oregon Trail.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of January 23, 1971?
- Pie Day
- The Saddest day of the year is January 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- Roman Catholic Church: Feast of Blessed Marianne of Molokai
- UCLA loses to Notre Dame, UCLA then wins next 88 games in a row
- 4th ABA All-Star Game: East 126 beats West 122 at Carolina.
- Prospect Creek Camp, Alaska, (north of Fairbanks) reaches a US record low temperature of -80 degrees F.
- Fritz Feigl: Austrian-Brazilian chemist and academic...
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 23, 1971?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Gladys Knight And The Pips - If I Were Your Woman
- King Floyd - Groove Me
- Rufus Thomas - (Do The) Push And Pull Part I
- The 5th Dimension - One Less Bell To Answer
- Joe Simon - Your Time To Cry
- Edwin Starr - Stop The War Now
- The Supremes & Four Tops - River Deep - Mountain High
- James Brown - Get Up, Get Into It, Get Involved (Pt. 1)
- Curtis Mayfield - (Don't Worry) If There's A Hell Below We're All Going To Go
- Jackie Wilson - (I Can Feel Those Vibrations) This Love Is Real
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next January 23If January 23, 1971 is your birthday you're 49 years, 8 months, 3 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 3 months, 28 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?