Friday 23 June 1961
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on June 23, 1961). The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include LaSalle Thompson and Mark Drillich.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Moody River by Pat Boone.
In UK Surrender by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Striped Trip, directed by Vladimir Fetin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Whispering Smith.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 June 1961
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 June 1961!
Which were the important events of 23 June 1961 ?
- J??i (L?go) - Latvia
- Saint Jonas Day - Lithuania
- The Happiest day of the year is June 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- National holiday - Luxembourg
- Midsummer's Eve, Christianized the eve of the feast of Saint John the Baptist, is celebrated in much of Northern Europe and the British Islands
- Victory Day - Estonia
- Father's Day - Poland
- LaSalle Thompson: American basketball player: forward/ Center, Pacers.
- Mark Drillich: Dutch pop bassist (Kong-Slauerhoff).
- Richard Arnold: English lawyer and judge.
- Zoran Janjetov: Serbian singer and illustrator (Heroina).
- Antarctic Treaty goes into effect
- Cubs Ernie Banks ends his 717 consecutive-games-played streak
- Phillies overcome 9-0, losing 11-2 they score 4 in 8th and 6 in 9th
- USAF Maj Robert M White takes X-15 to 32,830 m
- Cold War: the Antarctic Treaty, which sets aside Antarctica as a scientific preserve and bans military activity on the continent, comes into force after the opening date for signature set for the December 1, 1959.
- Antarctic Treaty comes into effect.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1961 ?
Top #9 songs in the USA
- Pat Boone - Moody River
- Ricky Nelson - Travelin' Man
- Gary U.S. Bonds - Quarter To Three
- Ben E. King - Stand By Me
- Dee Clark - Raindrops
- Bobby Lewis - Tossin' And Turnin'
- Pips - Every Beat Of My Heart
- Brook Benton - The Boll Weevil Song
- Little Caesar and the Romans - Those Oldies But Goodies (Remind Me Of You)
Top #7 R&B songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?