Sunday 18 June 1961
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Andres Galarraga and Alison Moyet.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Travelin' Man by Ricky Nelson.
In UK Surrender by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
The Guns of Navarone, directed by J. Lee Thompson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Agony And The Ecstasy by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Kraft Mystery Theater.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 June 1961!
Which were the important events of 18 June 1961 ?
- Seychelles - National Day.
- Brazil - Chemist's Day.
- Father's Day, US, UK, Chile (2006).
- Autistic Pride Day, beginning in 2005.
- Andres Galarraga: Caracas, Venezuela -- Infielder (Colorado Rockies).
- Alison Moyet: British singer and recording artist whose peak success in the UK ran from May 1982 for three years when her work appeared on the charts.
- Oz Fox: American singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Stryper SinDizzy and Bloodgood).
- Andrés Galarraga: Venezuelan-American baseball player.
- Angela Johnson: American author and poet.
- Randy Spears: American porn actor and director
- CBS radio cancels Gunsmoke
- KBMT TV channel 12 in Beaumont, TX (ABC) begins broadcasting
- Mary Lena Faulk wins LPGA Eastern Golf Open
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1961 ?
Top #9 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?