Wednesday June 23, 1971
US date format: 6/23/1971, UK date format: 23/6/1971
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on June 23, 1971). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Edward Heath (Conservative), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Ron Corning and Joe Rumolo.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to It's Too Late by Carole King.
In UK Knock Three Times by Dawn was in the top 5 hits.
Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, directed by Mel Stuart, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Greening Of America by Charles Reich was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Quentin Durward.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Galaxy Game or The Oregon Trail.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of June 23, 1971?
- J??i (L?go) - Latvia
- Saint Jonas Day - Lithuania
- The Happiest day of the year is June 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- National holiday - Luxembourg
- See more
- Phillies Rick Wise no-hits Cincinnati Reds, 4-0
- WTVP TV channel 47 in Peoria, IL (PBS) begins broadcasting
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 23, 1971?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Carole King - It's Too Late
- Carpenters - Rainy Days And Mondays
- The Honey Cone - Want Ads
- The Raiders - Indian Reservation (The Lament Of The Cherokee Reservation Indian)
- Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose - Treat Her Like A Lady
- The Rolling Stones - Brown Sugar
- Ringo Starr - It Don't Come Easy
- Hamilton, Joe Frank & Reynolds - Don't Pull Your Love
- Jerry Reed - When You're Hot, You're Hot
- Donny Osmond - Sweet And Innocent
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Wilson Pickett - Don't Knock My Love - Pt. 1
- Jean Knight - Mr. Big Stuff
- Aretha Franklin - BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATER
- Gladys Knight And The Pips - I Don't Want To Do Wrong
- Isaac Hayes - Never Can Say Goodbye
- The 8th Day - She's Not Just Another Woman
- The Beginning Of The End - Funky Nassau-Part I
- The Supremes - Nathan Jones
- The Honey Cone - Want Ads
- The Ebonys - You're The Reason Why
Make this day unforgettable
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next June 23If June 23, 1971 is your birthday you're 49 years, 2 months, 28 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 9 months, 3 days.
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?