Wednesday 23 June 2010
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on June 23, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to California Gurls by Katy Perry.
Third Star, directed by Hattie Dalton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Spy by Clive Cussler and Justin Scott was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Norman.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Clash of the Titans or Deadly Premonition.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 June 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 June 2010!
Which were the important events of 23 June 2010 ?
- J??i (L?go) - Latvia
- Saint Jonas Day - Lithuania
- The Happiest day of the year is June 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- National holiday - Luxembourg
- Midsummer's Eve, Christianized the eve of the feast of Saint John the Baptist, is celebrated in much of Northern Europe and the British Islands
- Victory Day - Estonia
- Father's Day - Poland
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 23 June
- US General Stanley McChrystal is forced to resign as US commander of forces in Afghanistan, replaced by General David Petraeus.
- Stephen Harper of Canada apologises for his country's treatment of the dead. (''Taiwan News'')
- 25th anniversary of Air India Flight 182:
- Relatives of those killed in Air India Flight 182 gather with diplomats and politicians from Canada, India and Ireland in Cork to mark the 25th anniversary with a memorial service. (AFP)
- Southeast European Cooperation Process summit:
- Anthrax kills 30 hippopotamuses in Uganda. (''The Straits Times'')
- 9 Iraqis are killed in bombings, including two leaders of U.S. government-backed Sunni militants. (''TIME'')
- An Indian colonel dies in Kashmir for the first time in three years. (Press TV)
- Slovenia is approved as a new member of the organization in the opening session of the summit. (''People's Daily'')
- General Stanley A. McChrystal magazine remarks controversy:
- Israeli–Palestinian conflict:
- The Association for Civil Rights writes to Israel's Attorney General after being alerted to the secrecy surrounding the jailing of a ampquotMister Xampquot in a maximum security jail in Ayalon. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Dockworkers launch a week-long boycott of cargo to and from Israel at all Swedish ports - handling 95% of foreign trade - in protest at Israel's raid on the Gaza-bound international flotilla which led to nine people being killed. (Ynetnews)
- A lawyer for 33 Greek citizens on board during the Gaza flotilla raid announces legal action against several Israeli politicians, including Defense Minister Ehud Barak and army leader Gabi Ashkenazi. (''Haaretz'')
- Kenya permits prisoners to vote in a referendum on a new constitution in a landmark court ruling. (KBC)
- 27 people are questioned about a bomb attack which killed five people in Istanbul. (Reuters)
- 1 person is killed when a crane crashes at Chennai International Airport, Chennai, India. (India Times)
- The International Whaling Commission does not reach agreement on curbing whaling by Japan, Norway and Iceland in a meeting in Agadir, Morocco. (AP via ''San Jose Mercury News'')
- The Palace of Monaco announces the engagement of Albert II, Prince of Monaco to South African native and Olympian swimmer Charlene Wittstock. (AP)
- BP chief executive Tony Hayward hands over responsibility for cleaning up the Gulf of Mexico oil spill to senior executive Bob Dudley ampquoteffective immediatelyampquot. (AFP via the ''Sydney Morning Herald'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in June 2010?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Alicia Keys - Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)
- There Goes My Baby - Usher
- OMG - Usher Featuring will.i.am
- Find Your Love - Drake
- Lose My Mind - Young Jeezy Featuring Plies
- Over - Drake
- Sex Room - Ludacris Featuring Trey Songz
- All I Do Is Win - DJ Khaled Featuring T-Pain, Ludacris, Snoop Dogg & Rick Ross
- Ride - Ciara Featuring Ludacris
- Everything To Me - Monica
Top #10 Latin songs
- Cuando Me Enamoro - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Juan Luis Guerra
- Dime Que Me Quieres - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Bachata En Fukuoka - Juan Luis Guerra 440
- Nina Bonita - Chino & Nacho
- La Peinada - Chuy Lizarraga y Su Banda Tierra Sinaloense
- Al Menos - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Banda Los Recoditos - Ando Bien Pedo
- Gitana - Shakira
- Y Como Es El - Marc Anthony
- Te Pido Perdon - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
Top #10 Rock songs
- The Good Life - Three Days Grace
- Lay Me Down - The Dirty Heads Featuring Rome
- The Crow & The Butterfly - Shinedown
- Stone Temple Pilots - Between The Lines
- Phoenix - 1901
- Thirty Seconds To Mars - This Is War
- Savior - Rise Against
- Cage The Elephant - In One Ear
- Muse - Uprising
- Let Me Hear You Scream - Ozzy Osbourne
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
The military contractor won a contract to support special operations forces, reinstating a program the company lost last June to a rival. [..]
Ernst & Young is forecasting that deal-making will pick up in the second half of the year. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $35.71
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $74.07
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $68.18
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $46.85
- 1 CHF = 6.1642 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.5552 CNY
- 1 CAD = 1.0633 CHF
- 1 AUD = 5.956 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?