Monday 23 June 1980
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michelle Paul and Melissa Rauch.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Coming Up (Live At Glasgow) by Paul McCartney.
In UK Crying by Don McLean was in the top 5 hits.
Maladolescenza, directed by Pier Giuseppe Murgia, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while Sins Of The Fathers by Susan Howatch was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Nobody's Perfect.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cytron Masters or Space Panic.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 June 1980!
Which were the important events of 23 June 1980 ?
- J??i (L?go) - Latvia
- Saint Jonas Day - Lithuania
- The Happiest day of the year is June 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- National holiday - Luxembourg
- Midsummer's Eve, Christianized the eve of the feast of Saint John the Baptist, is celebrated in much of Northern Europe and the British Islands
- Victory Day - Estonia
- Father's Day - Poland
- Michelle Paul: Scottish teenager who died of an inadvertent drug overdose.
- Melissa Rauch: TV Actress.
- Becky Cloonan: American author and illustrator.
- Ramnaresh Sarwan: Guyanese cricketer.
- Francesca Schiavone: Italian tennis player.
- Varahagiri Venkata Giri: Indian politician (Born 1894).
- Sanjay Gandhi: Indian politician and noted family, the second son of Indira Ghandi and grandson of Jawaharlal Nehru.
- John Laurie: Scottish character actor of stage, film and TV, often cast in stern and gloomy roles.
- Odile Versois: French stage/film actress, dancer, sister of actresses Marina Vlady, Helene Vallier & Olga Poliakoff, in more than 30 films, married once, four children.
- Walter Rodney: Guyanese historian scholar and activist (d. 1980).
- David Letterman Show, debuts on NBC-TV daytime
- 1st solar-powered coast-to-coast two-way radio conversation
- West German wins European soccer title (2-1 against Belgium)
- September 6 ampndash The 1980 United States heat wave claims 1,700 lives.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul McCartney - Coming Up (Live At Glasgow)
- Paul McCartney - Coming Up
- Lipps, Inc. - Funkytown
- Bette Midler - The Rose
- Billy Joel - It's Still Rock And Roll To Me
- Bob Seger - Against The Wind
- Elton John - Little Jeannie
- Robbie Dupree - Steal Away
- Ambrosia - Biggest Part Of Me
- Spinners - Cupid/I've Loved You For A Long Time (Medley)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?