Thursday 23 June 2011
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on June 23, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Rolling In The Deep by Adele.
Eating Out: Drama Camp, directed by Q. Allan Brocka, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Necessary Roughness.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing de Blob 2 or Battlefield Play4Free.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 June 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 June 2011!
Which were the important events of 23 June 2011 ?
- J??i (L?go) - Latvia
- Saint Jonas Day - Lithuania
- The Happiest day of the year is June 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- National holiday - Luxembourg
- Midsummer's Eve, Christianized the eve of the feast of Saint John the Baptist, is celebrated in much of Northern Europe and the British Islands
- Victory Day - Estonia
- Father's Day - Poland
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 23 June
- The 2011 NBA Draft is held in Newark, New Jersey, with Duke's Kyrie Irving as the #1 pick. (''CBS News'')
- In tennis, wild card Sabine Lisicki defeats French Open champion Li Na 3-6 6-4 8-6 in the women's singles at Wimbledon. (Sky Sports)
- 2011 Syrian uprising: Syrian forces mass along the Turkish border near where thousands of refugees are camped. (BBC)
- 2010–2011 Senegal protests: Thousands of people gather outside parliament in Dakar to protest changes to the constitution and are dispersed with tear gas and rubber bullets by riot police. (BBC)
- France announces plans to withdraw troops from Afghanistan in a similar timeframe to that announced for United States forces by President Barack Obama yesterday. (AAP via ''The Courier-Mail'')
- After Hamas rejects a call from the International Red Cross for access to Israeli soldier Gilad Shalit, held incommunicado since he was captured nearly five years ago, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu says Israel will reduce Palestinian prisoners' privileges in response. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- Dozens of gay and lesbian couples tie knots under the new same-sex union laws in Brazil in a world record attempt for mass gay weddings. (BBC)
- J. K. Rowling's new project Pottermore is to be officially launched, with details of its identity to be revealed for the first time in an announcement by the writer at the Victoria and Albert Museum in South Kensington. (BBC)
- US actor Peter Falk, best known for his role as Columbo, dies at the age of 83. (''USA Today'')
- Fuel prices including petroleum (oil) prices drop sharply as 28 industrialized nations (International Energy Agency members), including the United States, agree to release 60 million barrels of crude oil from their strategic oil reserves. (CNN Money)
- Australia's National Broadband Network and telecommunications company Telstra reach an A$11 billion dollar deal to allow the network to use Telstra's existing network and infrastructure. (ABC News Australia)
- Greek labour unions declare a 48-hour general strike next week to protest new austerity measures set to be voted on by the Greek parliament. (CNN)
- The U.S. Supreme Court rules on freedom of speech grounds against a state's effort to block pharmaceutical companies from selling information about the prescription records of particular doctors. (AP)
- An earthquake of 6.7 magnitude occurs off the coast of Japan's Iwate prefecture. (Reuters)
- The fourth tropical storm of the 2011 Pacific typhoon season, Tropical Storm Haima (Egay), makes landfall in southern Guangdong Province in the People's Republic of China. (Xinhua)
- 2011 Missouri River floods:
- U.S. nuclear regulators say two nuclear power plants at the Fort Calhoun plant, about 20 miles north of Omaha, Nebraska, have protected critical equipment from the rising waters of the Missouri River even though flooding has already reached the grounds of one of them. (CNN)
- 12,000 residents are evacuated from Minot, North Dakota, as officials warn that river crest will come sooner and be higher than expected. (CNN)
- A 7.3 magnitude earthquake offshore from the US northern state of Alaska leads to a tsunami warning being issued but it is later cancelled. (NOAA)
- The Japanese national broadcasting company NHK captures images of the Chinese Navy navigating the high seas between the islands of Japan's Okinawa prefecture. (NHK)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in June 2011?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Motivation - Kelly Rowland Featuring Lil Wayne
- Sure Thing - Miguel
- I'm On One - DJ Khaled Featuring Drake, Rick Ross & Lil Wayne
- My Last - Big Sean Featuring Chris Brown
- She Ain't You - Chris Brown
- Far Away - Marsha Ambrosius
- Look At Me Now - Chris Brown Featuring Lil Wayne & Busta Rhymes
- Unusual - Trey Songz Featuring Drake
- Hustle Hard - Ace Hood
- All Of The Lights - Kanye West
Top #10 Latin songs
- You - Romeo Santos
- Ven A Bailar - Jennifer Lopez Featuring Pitbull
- Taboo - Don Omar
- Te Amo y Te Amo - La Adictiva Banda San Jose de Mesillas
- Prometi - Intocable
- El Ardido - Larry Hernandez
- El Culpable - Espinoza Paz
- Give Me Everything - Pitbull Featuring Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer
- Ven Conmigo - Daddy Yankee Featuring Prince Royce
- Cuanto Me Cuesta - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
Top #10 Rock songs
- Rope - Foo Fighters
- Country Song - Seether
- Adolescents - Incubus
- Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks
- Help Is On The Way - Rise Against
- You Are A Tourist - Death Cab For Cutie
- The Cave - Mumford & Sons
- Coldplay - Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall
- Rip Tide - Sick Puppies
- Lies Of The Beautiful People - Sixx: A.M.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $39.66
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $100.55
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $84.32
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $34.82
- 1 CHF = 7.7157 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.6115 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.8564 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.814 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?