Tuesday 23 October 1979
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Vanessa Petruo and Jorge Solis.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Rise by Herb Alpert.
In UK Video Killed The Radio Star by The Buggles was in the top 5 hits.
...And Justice for All., directed by Norman Jewison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while Sophie's Choice by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Rose of Versailles.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Asteroids or Football.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 October 1979!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 23 October 1979 ?
- Chemistry: Mole Day
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Scorpio in Western tropical astrology.
- Hungary - National Day (revolution of 1956 and the proclamation of the Republic of Hungary in 1989)
- Also see October 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Saint Giovanni da Capistrano; Anicius Manlius Severinus Boethius
- French Republican Calendar - CTleri (Celery) Day, second day in the Month of Brumaire
- Vanessa Petruo
- Jorge Solis: Mexican professional boxer.
- Ramon Castro: Venezuelan baseball player.
- Prabhas : Movie Actor.
- Ramón Castro: Venezuelan baseball player.
- Billy Martin is involved in a barroom altercation with Joseph Cooper, a Minn marshmallow salesman. Cooper requires 15 stitches
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?