Sunday 23 October 1932
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dimitra Arliss and Paul Zimmerman.
Night After Night, directed by Archie Mayo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
while The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Talkie Songs.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 October 1932!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 23 October 1932 ?
- Chemistry: Mole Day
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Scorpio in Western tropical astrology.
- Hungary - National Day (revolution of 1956 and the proclamation of the Republic of Hungary in 1989)
- Also see October 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Saint Giovanni da Capistrano; Anicius Manlius Severinus Boethius
- French Republican Calendar - CTleri (Celery) Day, second day in the Month of Brumaire
- Dimitra Arliss: Actress (Rich Man Poor Man II).
- Paul Zimmerman: Journalist.
- Vasily Belov: Russian novelist poet and playwright (d. 2012).
- Fred Allen Show premieres on radio
- Pieter G Marais, South African Minister of Education / Development aid
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?