Friday 29 October 1926
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jon[athan Stewart] Vickers and Maurice Blomme.
Fear o' God, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while Beau Sabreur by P.C. Wren was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 October 1926!
Which were the important events of 29 October 1926 ?
- St. Terence of Metz
- Turkey - Republic Day (1923)
- Anglican Church - James Hannington
- St. Zenobius
- St. Theodore
- St. Bond
- Saint Colman of Kilmacduagh
- St. Maximillian
- St. Donatus of Corfu
- St. Anne
- St. Abraham of Rostov
- R.C. Saints - October 29th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Narcissus of Jerusalem, Diwali in 1989.
- Douai Martyrs
- St. Elfleda
- St. Hyacinth
- St. Ida of Leeuw
- St. John of Autun
- Jon[athan Stewart] Vickers: Prince Albert, Ontario -- Tenor.
- Maurice Blomme: Belgium sport Champion.
- Jon Vickers: Canadian tenor and actor (d. 2015).
- Necmettin Erbakan: Turkish engineer and politician 23rd Prime Minister of Turkey (d. 2011).
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1926 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Baby Face - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
- The Birth Of The Blues - Harry Richman
- How Many Times? - Benny Krueger & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?