Sunday 23 October 1949
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michael 'Wurzel' Burston and François Descoueyte.
Passport to Pimlico, directed by Henry Cornelius, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching The Plainclothesman.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 October 1949!
Which were the important events of 23 October 1949 ?
- Chemistry: Mole Day
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Scorpio in Western tropical astrology.
- Hungary - National Day (revolution of 1956 and the proclamation of the Republic of Hungary in 1989)
- Also see October 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Saint Giovanni da Capistrano; Anicius Manlius Severinus Boethius
- French Republican Calendar - CTleri (Celery) Day, second day in the Month of Brumaire
- Michael 'Wurzel' Burston: British musician (Motorhead).
- François Descoueyte: French diplomat, who served as Ambassador to Uganda (1993-1998), Korea (2001-2005) and Australia (2005-2008).
- Celia Gouvea: Brazilian dancer.
- Würzel : English singer and guitarist (Motörhead) (d. 2011).
- Nick Tosches: American journalist author and poet.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 October 1949
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?