Thursday 23 October 1952
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ueli Bichsel and John Poff.
Limelight, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Devils Of Loudun by Aldous Huxley was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Victory at Sea.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 October 1952!
Which were the important events of 23 October 1952 ?
- Chemistry: Mole Day
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Scorpio in Western tropical astrology.
- Hungary - National Day (revolution of 1956 and the proclamation of the Republic of Hungary in 1989)
- Also see October 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Saint Giovanni da Capistrano; Anicius Manlius Severinus Boethius
- French Republican Calendar - CTleri (Celery) Day, second day in the Month of Brumaire
- Ueli Bichsel: Swiss actor, clown, circus director, social worker.
- John Poff: American baseball player, a left-handed outfielder who played with the Philadelphia Phillies (1979) and Milwaukee Brewers (1980).
- Pierre Moerlen: French drummer and percussionist (d. 2005).
- Ken Tipton: American actor director producer and screenwriter.
- Susan Peters: Spokane, Washington -- Actress (Random Harvest, Young Ideas).
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1952 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?