Monday 24 April 1944
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include [Bernard] Saint and Christine Ockrent.
Gaslight, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while Strange Fruit by Lillian Smith was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 April 1944!
Which were the important events of 24 April 1944 ?
- Saint Alexander (died 178)
- Genocide Remembrance Day in Armenia.
- Republic Day in The Gambia (1970).
- Newman's Day.
- 24-Hour Comics Day.
- Saint Maria-Euphrasia Pelletier (d.1868)
- Saint Honorius
- Saint Fidelis of Sigmaringen
- Saint Egbert of Northumbria
- Saint Deodatus
- [Bernard] Saint: Clair Lee [Calhoun]; American singer ("Rock the Boat").
- Christine Ockrent: Belgian news journalist on Channel A2 in Belgium.
- Bill Singer: American baseball pitcher with a 14-year career from 1964 to 1977.
- Peter Cresswell: English judge.
- St Lee: American singer (The Hues Corporation) (d. 2011).
- 1st Boeing B-29 arrives in China over the Hump
- RAF bombs Munich
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1944 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Bing Crosby - I'll Be Seeing You
- Besame Mucho - Andy Russell
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?