Tuesday 18 April 1944
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Charlie Tuna and Rudy Shackelford.
Double Indemnity, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while The Robe by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 April 1944!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 18 April 1944 ?
- Saint Galdino (d. 1176)
- Saint Perfecto (d. 850)
- Saint Agia (Aya) (d. 707)
- Saint Timon
- Saint Ursmarus (d. 713)
- Saint Werner (d. 1287)
- Blessed Idesbald van der Gracht (d. 1167), patron saint of fishermen and Flemish nobility
- Saint Eusebius (d. 526)
- Saint Apollonius (d. 185/6)
- Marie de l'Incarnation (1566 ? 1618)
- The Cheat's Cheatday on homestarrunner.com
- Zimbabwe ? Independence Day.
- Saint Emma
- Iran - Army Day
- Charlie Tuna: American broadcaster and announcer from the age of 14 who was heard daily around the world through Armed Forces radio.
- Rudy Shackelford: Composer.
- John Cohn: American noted family, the son of Columbia film studio executive Harry Cohn and actress Joan Perry.
- Frances D'Souza: Baroness D'Souza English academic and politician.
- Robert Hanssen: American FBI agent and spy.
- Philip Jackson: Scottish sculptor and photographer.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1944 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- It's Love-Love-Love - Four King Sisters
- Bing Crosby - I Love You
- I'll Get By (As Long As I Have You) - Harry James & His Orchestra (Vocal Dick Haymes)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?