Saturday 29 April 1944
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Namias and Katarina Mazetti.
Going My Way, directed by Leo McCarey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while Forever Amber by Kathleen Winsor was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 April 1944!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 29 April 1944 ?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- Greenery Day (1989-2006).
- Sh?wa Day (2007 - Day of Showa period, which is reigned by Emperor Hirohito)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Bah�'f Faith - The ninth day of the Festival of Ridv�n.
- Saint Catherine of Siena
- Saint Wilfred the Younger
- Saint Peter of Verona
- Robert Namias: French journalist and spokesperson of the French newspaper Nice-Matin employees' Collective Interest Cooperative Society (SCIC).
- Katarina Mazetti
- Jim Hart in Evanston: Illinois, USA; NFL quarterback (Saint Louis Cardinals).
- Princess Benedikte: of Denmark.
- Benedikte: Danish Princess / Daughter of Frederik IX.
- Richard Kline: American actor and director.
- Francis Lee: English footballer and businessman.
- Jim Hart: Evanston, Illinois -- NFL quarterback (St. Louis Cardinals).
- Bernardino Machado: Portuguese academic and politician 3rd President of Portugal (d. 1944).
- Surprise attack by Van de Peat on General Landsdrukkerij in the Hague.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1944 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Amor Amor - Enric Madrguera
- Helen Forrest & Dick Haymes - Long Ago (And Far Away)
- Jo Stafford - I Love You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?