Wednesday 19 April 1944
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Daniel Richard and Yves-Marie Maurin.
Double Indemnity, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while The Green Years by A. J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1944!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 19 April 1944 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Daniel Richard: French engineer, businessman and political activist.
- Yves-Marie Maurin
- Andrew Welsh: Scottish politician, a National Party Member of Parliament returned at General Election 6/11/1987.
- Bernie Worrell: American keyboard player and songwriter (Parliament-Funkadelic Praxis and Colonel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains).
- Keith Erickson: American basketball player and sportscaster.
- James Heckman: American economist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- Mark "Flo" Volman rocker (Flo and Eddie: Turtles - "Eleanor")/DJ (WKRK).
- Bernard Worrell: American keyboardist (Funkadelic - "Cosmic Slop").
- Margo MacDonald: Scottish national broadcaster.
- Tommy Hitchcock: polo player (Westchester Cup 1924, 1927), dies at age 44.
- Allied fleet attack Sabang Sumatra.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1944 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- It's Love-Love-Love - Four King Sisters
- Bing Crosby - I Love You
- I'll Get By (As Long As I Have You) - Harry James & His Orchestra (Vocal Dick Haymes)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?