Thursday 13 April 1944
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 13, 1944). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jack Casady and Michael Saunders.
Shake Hands with Murder, directed by Albert Herman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 April 1944
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 April 1944!
Which were the important events of 13 April 1944 ?
- Jack Casady: American bass player (Jefferson Airplane Hot Tuna and Jefferson Starship).
- Michael Saunders: Barrister.
- Brian Pendleton Wolverhampton in West Midlands: England; rocker (The Pretty Things).
- Jack Casady in Washington: DC; rock bassist (Hot Tuna, Jefferson Airplane).
- Philip Berg: American attorney who has filed several controversial lawsuits against government officials, including Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama.
- John Paul DeJoria: Businessman.
- Franco Arese: Italian runner.
- Charles Burnett: American actor director producer and screenwriter.
- Susan Davis: American social worker and politician.
- Francesco Arese
- SC rejects black suffrage
- Stanley Cup: Montreal Canadiens sweep Chicago Blackhawks in 4 games
- Transport nr 71 departs with French Jews to Nazi-Germany
- South Carolina rejects black suffrage.
- Diplomatic relations between New Zealand and the Soviet Union are established.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1944 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Bing Crosby - I Love You
- I'll Get By (As Long As I Have You) - Harry James & His Orchestra (Vocal Dick Haymes)
- It's Love-Love-Love - Four King Sisters