Wednesday 12 April 1944
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Kay (musician) and Karel Kryl.
Buffalo Bill, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while The Robe by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 April 1944!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 12 April 1944 ?
- Saint Julius I
- Saint Zeno of Verona
- Saint Erkembode
- Saint Damian
- Yuri's Night, an international celebration of the first human in space, Yuri Gagarin; in Russia (and formerly in USSR), the Cosmonautics Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia begins.
- John Kay (musician)
- Karel Kryl: Folk singer.
- Georgios Balanos: Greek translator, author and publisher.
- Terry Harmon: American baseball player, a right-handed second baseman and shortstop for the Philadelphia Phillies between 1967 and 1977.
- Lisa Jardine: English historian author and academic (d. 2015).
- John Kay: German-Canadian singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (The Sparrows and Steppenwolf).
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1944 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I Love You - Enric Madriguera & His Orchestra
- Pied Pipers - Mairzy Doats
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?