Saturday 24 April 1948
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Benzion Freshwater and Eddie James Hart in Martinez.
State of the Union, directed by Frank Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching Barney Blake, Police Reporter.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 April 1948!
Which were the important events of 24 April 1948 ?
- Saint Alexander (died 178)
- Genocide Remembrance Day in Armenia.
- Republic Day in The Gambia (1970).
- Newman's Day.
- 24-Hour Comics Day.
- Saint Maria-Euphrasia Pelletier (d.1868)
- Saint Honorius
- Saint Fidelis of Sigmaringen
- Saint Egbert of Northumbria
- Saint Deodatus
- Benzion Freshwater: English multi-millionaire.
- Eddie James Hart in Martinez: California, USA; 4x100 metre relay runner (Olympics-gold-1972).
- Paul Cellucci: American politician who was closely involved in the governing of Massachusetts from January 1991 with Governor William Weld at the helm.
- Eliana Gil: Ecuadorian-American psychiatrist therapist and author.
- David Ingram: American keyboard player and songwriter (AnExchange and Love Song) (d. 2005).
- The Costa Rican Civil War ends.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 24 April 1948
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?