Sunday 11 April 1948
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ellen Goodman and Massimo D'Antona.
State of the Union, directed by Frank Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching On the Corner.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 April 1948
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 April 1948!
Which were the important events of 11 April 1948 ?
- Saint Stanislas
- Juan Santamarfa Day, anniversary of his death in the Battle of Rivas (State holiday in Costa Rica).
- Saint Godeberta
- Saint Gemma of Lucca
- The Feast Day of Martyr Antipas in the Greek Orthodox Church.
- Saint Danidl of Grimbergen
- Ellen Goodman: Syndicated columnist (or 1941).
- Massimo D'Antona: Italian attorney, law professor and vice-minister, assassinated by the Red Brigade 5/20/1999 outside his home in Rome.
- 12th Golf Masters Championship: Claude Harmon wins, shooting a 279.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1948 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- St. Louis Blues March - Tex Beneke & His Orchestra
- You Can't Be True, Dear - Ken Griffin (Organ) (Vocal Jerry Wayne)
- Dick Haymes - Little White Lies