Friday 9 April 1948
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Chico Ryan in Arlington and Bernard-Marie Koltès.
Paisan, directed by Roberto Rossellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching For Your Pleasure.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 April 1948!
Which were the important events of 9 April 1948 ?
- Saint Waltrudis
- Saint Casilda
- Saint Ingofried
- Saint Hugo of Rouan
- Day of National Unity- (???????? ?????????? ???), an annual public holiday in Georgia.
- Araw ng Kagitingan (Day of Valor, celebrated as Bataan Day in Bataan) in the Philippines.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jal�l (Glory) - First day of the second month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Chico Ryan in Arlington: Massachusetts, USA; rock vocalist (Sha Na Na).
- Bernard-Marie Koltès: French playwright and director.
- Patti Pravo: Italian pop singer whose career has spanned more than four decades.
- Jaya Bachchan: Indian actress.
- Michel Parizeau: Canadian ice hockey player and coach.
- Patty Pravo: Italian singer
- George Carpenter: American 5th General of The Salvation Army (d. 1948).
- Jorge Eliecer Gaitan's assassination provokes a violent riot in Bogota (the Bogotazo), and a further ten years of violence in Colombia known as La violencia.
- Fighters from the Irgun and Lehi Zionist paramilitary groups attacked Deir Yassin near Jerusalem, killing over 100.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 April 1948
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1948 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Baby Face - Art Mooney & His Orchestra
- Sabre Dance Boogie - Freddy Martin & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?