Friday 2 April 1948
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Paul Mariot and Eleanor Margaret Burbridge.
Paisan, directed by Roberto Rossellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
while Tomorrow Will Be Better by Betty Smith was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Tonight on Broadway.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 April 1948!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 2 April 1948 ?
- JP and Trang in Valleyfair
- Saint Franciscus of Paola (+1507)
- Blessed Arnold of Leuven
- International Children's Book Day
- Saint Genoveva of Brabant (+1760)
- Malvinas Day in Argentina.
- Sizdah be dar in Iran
- Jean-Paul Mariot
- Eleanor Margaret Burbridge: Astronomer / educator.
- Joan [Carol] D[ennison] Vinge: United States -- Sci-fi author (2 Hugos, Dune).
- Marlene Floyd: LPGA golfer.
- Kerry Minnear: rocker (Gentle Giant).
- Joan D Vinge: American author.
- Jean-Michel Wilmotte: French architect, who studied interior design at the Camondo school of interior design in Paris, and two years after graduating founded his own agency in Paris in 1975.
- Roald Als: Danish author and illustrator.
- Dimitris Mitropanos: Greek singer (d. 2012).
- Daniel Okrent: American journalist and author.
- Joan Vinge: American author.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1948 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Now is the Hour (Maori Farewell Song) - Buddy Clark
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?