Thursday 15 April 1948
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Kamen and Jean-Pierre Romeu.
Paisan, directed by Roberto Rossellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
while The Big Fisherman by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Barney Blake, Police Reporter.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 April 1948!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 15 April 1948 ?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- Father Damien Day ? celebrated annually in Hawai'i.
- Arirang Festival is held in North Korea to commemorate Kim Il-sung's birth.
- Saint Hunna.
- Saint Basilissa
- Blessed Waltman of Antwerp
- Ancient Latvia ? Tipsa Diena was observed.
- Roman Empire ? the Fordicia was celebrated in honor of Terra.
- Michael Kamen: American composer and conductor (d. 2003).
- Jean-Pierre Romeu
- Christopher Brown: English historian curator and academic.
- Radola Gajda: Czech military commander and politician (Born 1892).
- 1st Jewish-Arab military battle, arabs defeated
- KCPX (now KTVX) TV channel 4 in Salt Lake City, UT (ABC) 1st broadcast
- Indian territory of Himachal Pradesh is created.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1948 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- St. Louis Blues March - Tex Beneke & His Orchestra
- Dick Haymes - Little White Lies
- You Can't Be True, Dear - Ken Griffin (Organ) (Vocal Jerry Wayne)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?