Wednesday June 24, 1914
US date format: 6/24/1914, UK date format: 24/6/1914
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on June 24, 1914). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was H. H. Asquith (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Pearl Witherington CBE and Jan Karski.
The Fatal Mallet, directed by Mack Sennett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of June 24, 1914?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John the Baptist, patron saint of QuTbec
- Discovery Day in Newfoundland and Labrador (celebrating the 1497 discovery by John Cabot)
- Bannockburn Day in Scotland (see 1314 above)
- Quarter days in England
- See more
- King Peter I of Serbia names son Alexander the Prince-regent
- In Manchester, NH, a downtown fire causes $400,000 damage and injures 19 firemen.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 24, 1914?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Harry Macdonough & Olive Kline - You're Here and I'm Here
- Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan - Celebratin' Day in Tennessee