Friday 24 January 1986
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Raviv Ullman and Frankie Grande.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to That's What Friends Are For by Dionne & Friends.
In UK West End Girls by Pet Shop Boys was in the top 5 hits.
while The Mammoth Hunters by Jean M. Auel was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ramayan.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Agent X or King Kong 2: Yomigaeru Densetsu.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 January 1986!
Which were the important events of 24 January 1986 ?
- Jim Ross Day - State of Oklahoma
- Roman Catholic Church - Feasts of St. Francis de Sales and Our Lady of Peace
- Roman Empire - first day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra
- Raviv Ullman: Israeli-born American actor.
- Frankie Grande: YouTube Star.
- Jethro Sheeran: Rapper.
- Mischa Barton: British-born American actress.
- Ricky Ullman: TV Actor.
- Vieirinha : Portuguese footballer
- Cristiano Araújo: Brazilian singer-songwriter (d. 2015)
- Vladislav Ivanov: Russian footballer
- Michael Kightly: English footballer
- L[aFayette] Ron[ald] Hubbard: American author (Dianetics, Death Quest) and founder of Scientology, dies at age 74 (born 1911).
- Flo Hyman: American volleyball player (Born 1954).
- L Ron Hubbard: American writer and founder of Scientology (Born 1911).
- Gordon MacRae: American actor and singer, a popular musical comedy star of the '50s.
- 43th Golden Globes: Whoopi Goldberg, Color Purple win
- Voyager 2 makes 1st fly-by of Uranus (81,593 km), finds new moons
- New York Islanders' Mike Bossy scores his 1,000th point.
- South Yemen Premier Haydar Bakr al-Attas becomes interim-president.
- 43rd Golden Globes: Whoopi Goldberg, Color Purple win.
- The Voyager 2 space probe makes its first encounter with Uranus.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 24 January 1986
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?