Wednesday January 15, 1986
US date format: 1/15/1986, UK date format: 15/1/1986
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on January 15, 1986). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Jessy Schram and Mariya Abakumova.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to That's What Friends Are For by Dionne & Friends.
In UK West End Girls by Pet Shop Boys was in the top 5 hits.
Highlander, directed by Russell Mulcahy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while Texas by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Arsenal.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Mission 660 or Cyberun.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of January 15, 1986?
- Kerala in India - Makaravilakku or Makara Sankranthy at Sabarimala.
- Jallikattu in South India.
- United States - Traditionally, Martin Luther King Day.
- North Korea - Korean Alphabet Day.
- See more
- Living Seas opens (Disneyland)
- HBO and Cinemax pay cable television services initiate scrambling their national satellite feeds.
- The Living Seas opens at EPCOT Center in Walt Disney World, Florida.
- James H "Jim" Crowley: US football player (Notre Dame), dies at...
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 15, 1986?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Lionel Richie - Say You, Say Me
- Dionne & Friends - That's What Friends Are For
- Stevie Wonder - Go Home
- Ready For The World - Digital Display
- Atlantic Starr - Secret Lovers
- Eugene Wilde - Don't Say No Tonight
- Sade - The Sweetest Taboo
- New Edition - Count Me Out
- Evelyn "Champagne" King - Your Personal Touch
- Meli'sa Morgan - Do Me Baby
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next January 15If January 15, 1986 is your birthday you're 34 years, 8 months, 3 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 3 months, 28 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?