Sunday 9 July 1911
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Archibald Wheeler and Mervyn Peake.
Dante's Inferno, directed by Francesco Bertolini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Prodigal Judge by Vaughan Kester was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 July 1911!
Which were the important events of 9 July 1911 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Our Lady of Peace.
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day: Martyrdom of the B�b.
- Palau - Constitution Day.
- Argentina - Independence Day.
- Roman festival - Caprotinia, or feasts of Juno Caprotina.
- John Archibald Wheeler
- Mervyn Peake: British artist, illustrator, author, poet, and playwright.
- Lord Lovat [Shimi]: Scottish cattle breeder / leader of clan Fraser.
- John A Wheeler: American physicist (d. 2008).
- Maurice Dumont: French army general, a director of intelligence in World War II.
- Ben Eastman: American runner.
- Rafael Obregon Loria: Costa Rican historian and educator.
- John Wheeler: American physicist and author (d. 2008).
- Clan Fraser of Lovat: Soldier / landowner.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1911 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- The Smiler - Vess Ossman
- Two Little Love Bees - Reinald Werrenrath & Elizabeth Wheeler
- Sophie Tucker - Some of These Days
- My Beautiful Lady - Lucy Isabelle Marsh
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?