Thursday 24 June 1965
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Patrick Jeffrey and Shane Churla.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Mr. Tambourine Man by The Byrds.
In UK Crying In The Chapel by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Monster a-Go Go, directed by Bill Rebane, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Vision On.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 June 1965!
Which were the important events of 24 June 1965 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John the Baptist, patron saint of QuTbec
- Discovery Day in Newfoundland and Labrador (celebrating the 1497 discovery by John Cabot)
- Bannockburn Day in Scotland (see 1314 above)
- Quarter days in England
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Rahmat (Mercy) - First day of the sixth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Battle of Carabobo Day in Venezuela (1821)
- FOte nationale du QuTbec, also called St-Jean-Baptiste Day
- Day of Indian in Peru
- Original Midsummer's Eve in Finland and Sweden, although the official holiday is now moved to the nearest Friday
- St. John's Day in Estonia and Sao Joao in Porto
- Festival of San Juan observed in Bolivia and Peru
- American Radio Relay League - Field Day 2006
- Patrick Jeffrey: Morristown, New Jersey -- Diver (1996 Olympics - 5th Place).
- Shane Churla: Fernie -- NHL right wing (LA Kings, New York Rangers).
- Danielle Spencer in the Bronx: New York, USA; actress (Dee Thomas - What's Happening).
- Vladimir Luxuria: Italian actress, writer, politician and television host.
- Claude Bourbonnais: Canadian race car driver.
- Uwe Krupp: Cologne, Germany -- NHL defenseman (Colo Avalanche, Germany 98)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 24 June 1965
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Byrds - Mr. Tambourine Man
- Four Tops - I Can't Help Myself
- Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs - Wooly Bully
- The Rolling Stones - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
- Herman's Hermits - Wonderful World
- Elvis Presley - Crying In The Chapel
- The Yardbirds - For Your Love
- Patti Page - Hush, Hush Sweet Charlotte
- The Beach Boys - Help Me, Rhonda
- Johnny Rivers - Seventh Son
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?