Monday 24 October 1927
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gilbert Bécaud and Jean-Claude Pascal.
My Best Girl, directed by Sam Taylor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 October 1927
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 October 1927!
Which were the important events of 24 October 1927 ?
- Also see October 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In The Fellowship of the Ring, by J.R.R. Tolkien, the date is mentioned to Frodo Baggins by Gandalf upon his waking in Rivendell.
- Discordianism - Maladay
- Zambia - Independence Day (1964)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Antonio Maria Claret
- United Nations Day (charter 1945)
- Gilbert Bécaud: French singer and songwriter, he wrote such French ballads as "What Now My Love?" and "Je t'appartiens" which the Everly Brothers made famous in the US as "Let It Be Me.
- Jean-Claude Pascal: French actor (Golden Salamander), dies at 64.
- United Nations (UNO)
- Cleo Usher: American costume collector and supplier, a model and artist.
- Gilbert Becaud: French composer and actor (d. 2001).
- Renato de Grandis: Composer.
- Barbara Robinson: American author and poet (d. 2013).
- William Goessel: American executive and CEO of Harnischfeger Industries, a paper manufacturing company.
- Cal Hogue: American baseball player, a right-handed pitcher with the Pittsburgh Pirates from 1952 to 1954.
- Lise Topart: French actress of both stage and screen.