Friday 28 October 1927
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 28, 1927). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Cleo Laine and Maurice Larraun.
My Best Girl, directed by Sam Taylor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 October 1927
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 1927!
Which were the important events of 28 October 1927 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
- Cleo Laine: British singer, recording artist and actress in film and on Broadway.
- Maurice Larraun
- Roza Makagonova: Russian actress (Born 1927).
- Eaton Faning: Composer, dies at 77.
- Josip Broz (Tito) begins 7 months jail sentence in Croatia
- KLM-plane Homing Pigeon leaves Netherlands Indies after 1st regular flight