Thursday 6 October 1927
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 6, 1927). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gene Johns and Emmanuel III Delly.
Surrender, directed by Edward Sloman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 October 1927
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1927!
Which were the important events of 6 October 1927 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
- Gene Johns: American politician and the State Senator of Illinois with five terms by 1982.
- Emmanuel III Delly
- Alice Bauer: LPGA golfer.
- Paul Badura-Skoda in Vienna: Austria; pianist (Mozart Interpretation).
- Bill King: American sports broadcaster (d. 2005).
- Jazz Singer, 1st movie with a sound track, premieres (NYC)
- Opening of The Jazz Singer, the first prominent talking movie.
- Warner Brothers releases film The Jazz Singer to theaters in New York City, the first motion picture with sound.
- ''The Jazz Singer'' opens in the United States and it becomes a huge success, although it would be a while before silent films are completely gone.