Thursday 6 October 1927
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alice Bauer and Paul Badura-Skoda in Vienna.
The Jazz Singer, directed by Alan Crosland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1927!
Which were the important events of 6 October 1927 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
- Alice Bauer: LPGA golfer.
- Paul Badura-Skoda in Vienna: Austria; pianist (Mozart Interpretation).
- Gene Johns: American politician and the State Senator of Illinois with five terms by 1982.
- Bill King: American sports broadcaster (d. 2005).
- Jazz Singer, 1st movie with a sound track, premieres (NYC)
- Opening of The Jazz Singer, the first prominent talking movie.
- Warner Brothers releases film The Jazz Singer to theaters in New York City, the first motion picture with sound.
- ''The Jazz Singer'' opens in the United States and it becomes a huge success, although it would be a while before silent films are completely gone.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?