Wednesday 24 October 1945
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Anthony Christian and Alan Titus.
And Then There Were None, directed by Rene Clair, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
On TV people were watching Choreotones.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 October 1945!
Which were the important events of 24 October 1945 ?
- Also see October 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In The Fellowship of the Ring, by J.R.R. Tolkien, the date is mentioned to Frodo Baggins by Gandalf upon his waking in Rivendell.
- Discordianism - Maladay
- Zambia - Independence Day (1964)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Antonio Maria Claret
- United Nations Day (charter 1945)
- Anthony Christian: English artist.
- Alan Titus: American baritone.
- Gerald Larose: Quebec labour union executive.
- Duncan Lunan: Scottish astronomer and writer.
- Gérald Larose: Canadian educator and union leader.
- Charter of United Nations of force became
- France (PC / PS / MRP win parliamentary election (25 / 24 / 23%)
- UN charter comes into effect
- Founding of the United Nations
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 24 October 1945
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1945 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Chickery Chick - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- I'll Buy That Dream - Hal McIntyre & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?