Friday 31 January 1930
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Roger Verbeke and Jean-René Meunier.
City Girl, directed by F.W. Murnau, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 31 January 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 January 1930!
Which were the important events of 31 January 1930 ?
- Blessed Ludovica
- Saint Geminianus
- Saint Marcella
- Saint Pedro Nolasco
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Bosco, patron saint of educators, circus artists and magicians.
- Roger Verbeke: Belgium sport Champion.
- Lynn Carlin in Los Angeles: California, USA; actress (Joan Hunter - James at age 15).
- Jean-René Meunier: Deuil Musician.
- Joakim Bonnier: Swedish race car driver (d. 1972).
- Al De Lory: American record producer arranger conductor and musician (d. 2012).
- 1st US glider flight from a dirigible, Lakehurst, New Jersey
- First US glider flight from a dirigible, Lakehurst, New Jersey.
- 3M begins marketing Scotch Tape.
- The 3M company markets Scotch Tape.
- 2 February - The Communist Party of Vietnam is established.
- While studying photographs taken in January, Clyde Tombaugh confirms the existence of Pluto, a heavenly body considered a planet until 2006, when the term ampquotplanetampquot was officially defined. Pluto is now considered a Dwarf Planet.
- Elm Farm Ollie becomes the first cow to fly in an airplane, and also the first cow to be milked in an airplane.