Friday 31 January 1930US date format: 1/31/1930, UK date format: 31/1/1930
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 31, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Roger Verbeke and Jean-René Meunier.
City Girl, directed by F.W. Murnau, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 31 January 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 January 1930!
Which were the important events of 31 January 1930 ?
- Blessed Ludovica
- Saint Geminianus
- Saint Marcella
- Saint Pedro Nolasco
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Bosco, patron saint of educators, circus artists and magicians.
- Roger Verbeke: Belgium sport Champion.
- Lynn Carlin in Los Angeles: California, USA; actress (Joan Hunter - James at age 15).
- Jean-René Meunier: Deuil Musician.
- Joakim Bonnier: Swedish race car driver (d. 1972).
- Al De Lory: American record producer arranger conductor and musician (d. 2012).
- 1st US glider flight from a dirigible, Lakehurst, New Jersey
- First US glider flight from a dirigible, Lakehurst, New Jersey.
- 3M begins marketing Scotch Tape.
- The 3M company markets Scotch Tape.
- 2 February - The Communist Party of Vietnam is established.
- While studying photographs taken in January, Clyde Tombaugh confirms the existence of Pluto, a heavenly body considered a planet until 2006, when the term ampquotplanetampquot was officially defined. Pluto is now considered a Dwarf Planet.
- Elm Farm Ollie becomes the first cow to fly in an airplane, and also the first cow to be milked in an airplane.