Wednesday October 24, 1990US date format: 10/24/1990, UK date format: 24/10/1990
This day in 30 sec.
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on October 24, 1990). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kirby Bliss Blanton and Ilkay Gündogan.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Black Cat by Janet Jackson.
In UK Show Me Heaven by Maria McKee was in the top 5 hits.
Jacob's Ladder, directed by Adrian Lyne, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while Surrender The Pink by Carrie Fisher was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Coasting.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dexterity Funny Field or Aurail.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 October 1990
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 October 1990!
Which were the important events of 24 October 1990 ?
- Also see October 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In The Fellowship of the Ring, by J.R.R. Tolkien, the date is mentioned to Frodo Baggins by Gandalf upon his waking in Rivendell.
- Discordianism - Maladay
- Zambia - Independence Day (1964)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Antonio Maria Claret
- United Nations Day (charter 1945)
- Kirby Bliss Blanton
- Ilkay Gündogan
- Eric Choi: Drummer.
- Peyton Siva: Basketball Player.
- LaMarcus Tinker: American actor director and producer.
- Kirby Blanton: American actress.
- Italian prime minister Giulio Andreotti reveals to the Italian parliament the existence of Gladio, the Italian ''stay-behind'' clandestine paramilitary NATO army.
- In the Pakistani general election, Prime Minister Bhutto's Pakistan Peoples Party loses power to a center-right coalition government.
- Cold War: The Supreme Soviet of Kyrgyzstan chooses Askar Akayev as the republic's first president.
- The New Zealand general election is won by the New Zealand National Party, and its leader, Jim Bolger, becomes prime minister.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Samuelle - So You Like What You See
- Keith Sweat - Merry Go Round
- Pebbles - Giving You The Benefit
- Johnny Gill - Fairweather Friend
- Mariah Carey - Love Takes Time
- Bell Biv DeVoe - B.B.D. (I Thought It Was Me)?
- Maxi Priest - Close To You
- Vanilla Ice - Ice Ice Baby
- LL Cool J - The Boomin' System
- Caron Wheeler - Livin' In The Light
Top #10 Latin songs
- Completamente Enamorados - Chayanne
- Peligroso Amor - Myriam Hernandez
- Entregate - Luis Miguel
- Burbujas De Amor - Juan Luis Guerra 440
- Porque Tu Eres La Reina - Rudy La Scala
- Porque Te Tengo Que Olvidar - Jose Feliciano
- Amnesia - Jose Jose
- Dimelo - Daniela Romo
- Abrazame Fuerte - Lourdes Robles
- Ni Un Roce - Ana Gabriel
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?