Sunday 21 October 1990
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sacha Page and Ricky Rubio.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to I Don't Have The Heart by James Ingram.
In UK Show Me Heaven by Maria McKee was in the top 5 hits.
Akira, directed by Katsuhiro Otomo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while Memories of Midnight by Sidney Sheldon was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Les nuls, l'émission.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 4D Sports Tennis or After Burst.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 October 1990!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 21 October 1990 ?
- Republic of China - Overseas Chinese Day
- French Republican Calendar - Tonneau (Barrel) Day, thirtieth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- In the comic novel Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, the Earth was born on this day in 4004 BC, within a quarter of an hour of 9 in the morning. This was supposedly because God liked to get things over with early.
- R.C. saints - Saint Ursula and her 11 (or 11000) virgins; Saint Hilarion
- Trafalgar Day ? celebrated throughout much of the British Empire in the 19th and early 20th Century.
- Also see October 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day of the Nacho ? celebrated in the United States and Mexico since the early 1990s.
- Diwali in India (2006)
- Sacha Page
- Ricky Rubio: Spanish basketball player.
- Maxime Vachier-Lagrave: French chess Grandmaster and the 2009 World Junior Chess Champion.
- Ariana Rodriguez: Model.
- Bengali-Fodé Koita: French footballer.
- Mathieu Peybernes: French footballer.
- Prabhat Ranjan Sarkar: Indian spiritual leader (Born 1921).
- Esther Canseco calls Oakland Athletics manager Tony La Russa a punk for not starting husband Jose in the World Series
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- James Ingram - I Don't Have The Heart
- Janet Jackson - Black Cat
- George Michael - Praying For Time
- Vanilla Ice - Ice Ice Baby
- Maxi Priest - Close To You
- Dino - Romeo
- Pebbles - Giving You The Benefit
- Black Box - Everybody Everybody
- After 7 - Can't Stop
- Nelson - (Can't Live Without Your) Love And Affection
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 21 October 1990
- Atlanta Falcons - Los Angeles Rams : 24 - 44
- Dallas Cowboys - Tampa Bay Buccaneers : 17 - 13
- Denver Broncos - Indianapolis Colts : 27 - 17
- Kansas City Chiefs - Seattle Seahawks : 7 - 19
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?