Monday 15 October 1990
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kiko Mizuhara and Jeon Ji-yoon.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to I Don't Have The Heart by James Ingram.
In UK Show Me Heaven by Maria McKee was in the top 5 hits.
Akira, directed by Katsuhiro Otomo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while The First Man In Rome by Colleen McCullough was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Les nuls, l'émission.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing American Horseshoes or European Superleague.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 October 1990!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 15 October 1990 ?
- United States - White Cane Safety Day, National Grouch Day, Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Teresa of Avila
- Roman festivals - the Equirria or October equus: sacrifice of a horse to Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Amaryllis (Amaryllis) Day, twenty-fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Kiko Mizuhara: Model.
- Jeon Ji-yoon: South Korean singer-songwriter and dancer (4Minute and 2Yoon).
- Reza Oktovian: YouTube Star.
- Brennan Mejia: TV Actor.
- Delphine Seyrig: French actress whose films include "L’année Dernière à Marienbad," 1964, "Peau D’âne," 1970 and "Chère Inconnue," 1979.
- Soviet President Mikhail Gorbachev wins Nobel Peace Prize
- Apple Computer unveils and ships the Macintosh Classic. It features an 8 MHz 68000 processor, integrated 9-inch monochrome monitor, and 3.5-inch floppy drive, for $1000. It replaces the Macintosh Plus and the Macintosh SE. Apple also releases the Macintosh LC (68020 processor), and the Macintosh IIsi (68030 processor).
- Soviet Union leader Mikhail Gorbachev is awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for his efforts to lessen Cold War tensions and open up his nation.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- James Ingram - I Don't Have The Heart
- Janet Jackson - Black Cat
- George Michael - Praying For Time
- Vanilla Ice - Ice Ice Baby
- Maxi Priest - Close To You
- Dino - Romeo
- Pebbles - Giving You The Benefit
- Black Box - Everybody Everybody
- After 7 - Can't Stop
- Nelson - (Can't Live Without Your) Love And Affection
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 15 October 1990
- Minnesota Vikings - Philadelphia Eagles : 24 - 32
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?