Friday 10 February 1956
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Smyth Twins and James Graham.
In UK Sixteen Tons by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
Carousel, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Power Of Positive Thinking by Norman Vincent Peale was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Cinépanorama.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 February 1956!
Which were the important events of 10 February 1956 ?
- Catholicism - Saint Scholastica; World Marriage Day.
- Malta - St. Paul's Shipwreck day. Catholicism in Malta.
- Saint Silvanus
- Saint Charalampe
- Saint Austreberta
- Blessed Arnaud
- Blessed Hugo (d. 1164)
- Italy - National Memorial Day of the Exiles and Foibe to commemorate Italian Istrian and Dalmatian exiliee and Foibe massacres.
- Smyth Twins: American twins, identical, Jesuree born at 7:00 PM and Joslynn at 7:10 PM.
- James Graham: American Roman Catholic priest (d. 1997).
- Enele Sopoaga: Tuvaluan politician 12th Prime Minister of Tuvalu.
- My Friend Flicka premieres on CBS (later NBC) TV
- Elvis Presley records Heartbreak Hotel for RCA
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1956 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?